Forterra Terms and Conditions of Use PolicyThis Terms and Conditions of Use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our websites including, www.forterra.co.uk, www.forterra-precast.co.uk, www.formpave.co.uk and www.forterra-jetfloor.co.uk (“Our Sites”). This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, Our Sites. By using Our Sites you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of one of Our Sites. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use Our Sites. Our Sites are websites operated by us, Forterra Building Products Limited, (company number 08960430) with registered office at 5 Grange Park Court, Roman Way, Northampton NN4 5EA. We may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. Your continued use of Our Sites after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of Our SitesYou may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Our Sites content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Our Sites content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Our Sites content requires the prior written permission from us. To request such permission please contact us at email@example.com. You agree to use Our Sites only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of Our Sites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within Our Sites.
Uploading material to Our SitesWhenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to Our Sites, or to make contact with other users of Our Sites, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (see below). You warrant that any such contribution does not comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any material you upload to Our Sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to Our Sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of Our Sites. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on Our Sites if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (see below).
Viruses, hacking and other offencesYou must not misuse Our Sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Sites, the server on which Our Sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Sites. You must not attack Our Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our Sites will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our Sites or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our siteYou may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our Sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Sites other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from our siteWhere Our Sites contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Acceptable Use PolicyYou may use Our Sites and our services only for lawful purposes, including, but not limited to the following, you may not use our Sites or our services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- in any way which contravenes the virus and hacking provisions as set out above;
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is directed to inciting or producing imminent conduct that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and is likely to produce such conduct;
- to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the system;
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes”;
- to interfere with or disrupt Our Sites’ system or servers or networks connected to Our Sites’ system, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Our Sites’ system;
- to collect or store personal data about other users without their knowledge; or
- to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals.
Reliance on information postedCommentary and other materials posted on Our Sites are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to Our Sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Changes to Our SitesWe aim to update Our Sites regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to Our Sites, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on Our Sites may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Disclaimers and Limitation of LiabilityThe material displayed on Our Sites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with Our Sites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of Our Sites, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill; or
- wasted management or office time,